Friday 29 April 2016

Making the Most of Whats App!

I have been conducting workshops at rural schools in India for the last 5 years. 85 teachers and students are in regular touch with me on a Whats Group we have formed. Among other things I take them on 'virtual' tours wherever I go. This time was no different. I took this group with me to Delhi, the Himalayas and to Gujarat, the three places where I conducted workshops in March and April 2016.

Virtual tour of the Kumaon region of the Himalayas.
I took my Whats App group from Kathgodam to Kausani to Almora region.

I would stop to click photos of famous spots, or beautiful scenery and share them on the Whats App group.
This is Kakri Ghat where Swami Vivekananda attained enlightenment.

This is the Chitai temple just outside main Almora town, famous for its bells.
If you don't get justice in a court of law, you can lodge an appeal here with higher powers!

I also try to introduce group members to each other.
This is Vimla, a young and enthusiastic KG teacher at Aarohi, in her well-decorated classroom.

This is Kamla, also from Aarohi, she is also an innovative teacher.
She has just won the Mahatama Gandhi Fellowship for teachers and will be going for teacher training.

This is Anand, who is my transport manager and driver. I include him in my workshops as not only is he charged-up he is also a great role model. At 28 he owns the car he drives and does fruit, vegetable and poultry farming!

No comments:

Post a Comment